St. Brigid’s enrolment form can be collected at our open days, or be downloaded by clicking on the following link:
GENERAL ENROLMENT PROCEDURE
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION TO ENROL
Students enrolling into Prep must turn 5 years of age prior to the 30 April in the year in which the child commences school.
St Brigid’s School is a Catholic Primary school primarily catering to Baptised Catholics living within our zoned catchment area. Placements for students are accepted in the following order of priority:
- Children baptised as Catholics and siblings of children already attending the school.
- Catholic children who are members of the designated parish community.
- Catholic children from non-Catholic primary schools whose residential address is in the designated parish.
- Catholic children who reside in other parishes and who could not gain enrolment in their parish school.
- Children from families who belong to any Orthodox Church.
- Non Catholic families seeking a Catholic education for their child/children
PROCESS AND TIMELINE FOR ENROLMENT
Step 1 – Making an Application for Enrolment: April & May
Come along to one of our scheduled Open Days, take a tour and collect an enrolment pack to complete and return. Or if you’ve missed our scheduled open days, phone us to arrange a tour with our school principal.
- Submit Documentation including:
- Application for Enrolment Form (essential)
- Birth Certificate (essential)
- Immunisation History Statement (essential)
- Baptismal Certificate (if applicable)
- Asthma Management Plan (if applicable)
- Anaphylaxis Management Plan (if applicable)
- Other relevant medical and/or additional needs information including assessments and/or documentation from allied health professionals/medical practitioners. (if applicable)
- Relevant Family Court Orders including Intervention Orders, Family Court/ Federal Circuit Court orders (if applicable)
- Visa Documentation (if applicable)
- For Year 1-6 enrolments, include a copy of the most recent school report.
- Payment of an Application Fee (non-refundable) of $50.00 per child.
Step 2 – Acknowledgement of Application: Upon Receipt of your Application
- The school will acknowledge receipt of your documentation and application fee and advise of anything else required to assist in processing your application.
Step 3 – An Interview is arranged: May & June
- Families will be contacted and invited to book a suitable time for an enrolment interview with our school principal or delegate. This interview is for both parent(s) and child to attend.
Step 4 – Offer on Enrolment: July
- You will be advised of the success or otherwise of your application for enrolment via post.
Step 5 – Orientation Details Mailed: August / September
Families of successful applicants will be mailed details of our orientation sessions for all levels
Step 6 – Orientation Sessions Held: October – December
- Orientation sessions will be held for all enrolled students. Foundation students will attend in October, November and December. Students in all other levels will be invited to an orientation session in December. See the orientation section of this website for further details.
ENROLMENT APPLICATIONS – DATES FOR 2021
- All school Tours have been postponed until further notice
- Applications open Monday, 25th February 2020 – enrolment forms can be obtained by contacting the school office on 03 5943 2447, email email@example.com or by downloading directly from this website.
- Applications close – Monday, 4th May 2020
- Interviews held – May 2020
- Applications open Tuesday 5th May 2020 – enrolment forms can be obtained by contacting the school office on 03 5943 2447, email firstname.lastname@example.org or by downloading directly from this website.
- Applications close – Sunday, 31st May 2020
- Interviews held – June 2020
- Offers of placement made – July 2020
- Orientation details posted to families – August/September 2020
- Orientation Program held – October – December 2020