Develop a passion for learning, if you do, you will never cease to grow.-A. D’Angelo.
The transition process from kindergarten to school is an extremely important time in a child’s life. We believe in working closely with parents and pre-school teachers to ensure students are well prepared for school and feel secure and comfortable in their new surroundings. In order to assist children to make the transition to school life as smooth as possible. St. Brigid’s School recommends parents consider the following suggestions:
- Visit the school with your child at available opportunities;
- Take advantage of activities the school offers;
- If you are unable to attend these activities, approach the school to arrange a mutually convenient time for you and your child to visit the school;
- Discuss school formalities i.e. requesting permission to go to the toilet, and
- Discuss the importance of not leaving the school grounds, or the classroom without permission.
The more informed and familiar your child is with the school environment the more successful the transition will be. The school welcomes the opportunity to assist you and your child to experience the positive and happy atmosphere which is present at St. Brigid’s Catholic Primary School. As a means of helping your child become more familiar and comfortable with the school surroundings a series of school visits and activities are outlined in Transition Program for Preps and How to Prepare your Child for School.
This orientation program is aimed at providing a number of positive experiences of school during the year prior to your child commencing at St. Brigid’s. Not only will your child have the opportunity to become more familiar with the school surroundings he/she will also get to know some of the teachers.