The transition program consists of five steps:
1. Open Days
Tuesday, 28th April 2020 – 9:15-10:45am or Monday, 4th May 2020 – 9:15-10:45am
2. Parent and Child Interviews and School Tour with our Principal.
Held during May and June each year.
The aim of these sessions is:
- To provide the children and parents with the opportunity to become familiar with St. Brigid’s.
- Clarify issues and ask further questions.
- Provide the school with information that will help in meeting your child’s needs.
3. Orientation Day One
- Dates: (choose one of the following dates)
Monday, 19th October from 9.15-10:45am
Tuesday, 20th October from 9:15-10:45am
Monday, 26th October from 9:15-10:45am
Tuesday, 27th October from 9:15-10:45am
- Each family will be invited to select one of the four days on offer to attend.
- Children will experience a school morning and the routine of a classroom environment.
- The aim of this morning is to provide children with the opportunity to interact independently in a more structured classroom environment and with a teacher.
- It also provides children with the opportunity to experience the school playground in a safe and supervised atmosphere.
4. Orientation Day Two
- Date: Tuesday, 17th November from 9:15-11:00am
- Children meet with their Prep teachers.
- Parent Information session is held, we ask that at least one parent/guardian be in attendance.
5. Whole School Orientation
- Date: Monday, 14th December from 12.00 noon to 1.00 p.m.
- St. Brigid’s School holds an Orientation session for all levels of the school.
- Our new Foundation children are invited to this orientation session to get to know their classmates and teacher and to help develop a positive attitude about starting school.
- In special circumstances other transition arrangements may be made for students with special needs. Please contact the principal if you think this would be appropriate for your child.