Foundation Transition Program
Develop a passion for learning, if you do, you will never cease to grow.-A. D’Angelo.
The transition process from kindergarten to school is an extremely important time in a child’s life. We believe in working closely with parents and pre-school teachers to ensure students are well prepared for school and feel secure and comfortable in their new surroundings. In order to assist children to make the transition to school life as smooth as possible. St. Brigid’s School recommends parents consider the following suggestions:
- Visit the school with your child at available opportunities;
- Take advantage of activities the school offers;
- If you are unable to attend these activities, approach the school to arrange a mutually convenient time for you and your child to visit the school;
- Discuss school formalities i.e. requesting permission to go to the toilet, and
- Discuss the importance of not leaving the school grounds, or the classroom without permission.
The more informed and familiar your child is with the school environment the more successful the transition will be. The school welcomes the opportunity to assist you and your child to experience the positive and happy atmosphere which is present at St. Brigid’s Catholic Primary School. As a means of helping your child become more familiar and comfortable with the school surroundings a series of school visits and activities are outlined in Transition Program for Preps and How to Prepare your Child for School.
This orientation program is aimed at providing a number of positive experiences of school during the year prior to your child commencing at St. Brigid’s. Not only will your child have the opportunity to become more familiar with the school surroundings he/she will also get to know some of the teachers.
Orientation Program for Foundation 2022 Enrolments
Our Orientation Program consists of the following steps:
Step One: Orientation Day One
- Dates: (you will be asked to select ONE of the following sessions)
Friday, 27th August 2021 from 9.00am-10:00am
Friday, 27th August 2021 from 11:30am-12:30pm
Friday, 27th August 2021 from 2:00pm-3:00pm
Tuesday, 31st August 2021 from 9:00am-10:00am
Tuesday, 31st August 2021 from 11:30am-12:30pm
Tuesday, 31st August 2021 from 2:00pm-3:00pm
- Each family will be invited to select one of the four days on offer to attend.
- Children will experience a school morning and the routine of a classroom environment.
- The aim of this morning is to provide children with the opportunity to interact independently in a more structured classroom environment and with a teacher.
- It also provides children with the opportunity to experience the school playground in a safe and supervised atmosphere.
Step Two: Orientation Day Two
- Date: Tuesday, 16th November 2021 from 9:15am-10:45am
- Children meet with their Prep teachers.
- Parent Information session is held, we ask that at least one parent/guardian be in attendance.
Step Three: Orientation Day Three: Whole School Orientation
- Date: Monday, 13th December from 12.00 noon to 1.00 p.m.
- St. Brigid’s School holds an Orientation session for ALL levels of the school.
- Our new Foundation children are invited to this orientation session to get to know their classmates and teacher and to help develop a positive attitude about starting school.
In special circumstances other transition arrangements may be made for students with special needs. Please contact the principal if you think this would be appropriate for your child.