St Brigid’s School acknowledges that parents are the primary educators of their children.
St Brigid’s School acknowledges the good work done at home prior to your child's schooling, and that parents have an important role to play in the continuing education of their children. In fact, parents are the prime educators of their children.
There are opportunities for parents to be involved in the classroom or to be of assistance in the school community in many indirect ways. These could include:
- Contributing and collecting resources which may be of use in the classroom.
- Supporting your child with class themes (special days)
- Helping with reading and literacy based activities.
- Helping on school excursions
- Celebrating with the school community by attending assemblies and liturgies
- Helping with covering and cataloguing books and resources.
- Being involved in Social and Fundraising committee at school.
St Brigid's School Board is an advisory board.
Members of the Board include the Principal, teacher representative, Social and Fundraising representative and six elected parents. Any parents of a child enrolled at St Brigid's is eligible to nominate for a board position.
Social and Fundraising Committee
St. Brigid's Social and Fundraising Committee is a parent's auxiliary and meets on a monthly basis.
While this committee raises valuable funds, it also has a strong social and pastoral role. Parents and encouraged to become involved wherever possible and to support the social and fundraising activities. Funds raised by the committee go towards the purchase of resources and equipment that directly benefits the students at St. Brigid's.
Parents and all family members and friends are most welcome to attend our assemblies.
- Monday Morning Flag Raising - 8:45am each Monday
The students and teachers gather to sing the National Anthem: Advance Australia Fair and raise the flags.
- Friday Afternoon Assembly - 2:30pm Friday Afternoons (2-3 times per term)
Friday Assemblies are held in the Multipurpose Room. These are generally held 2-3 times per term. Students have the opportunity to pray together and share class news and their achievements. Please check the newsletter for upcoming assembly dates.